The plans for our Community Christmas Event are almost in place. This is what you can look forward to:
5.30pm: A Sausage Sizzle; Pulled Pork sliders and buckets of Chips will be available from this time (Thanks to Craig Youngs Butcher in Mirboo North & Thorpdale Bakery for their generous donations). A $5 redeemable food voucher can be purchased up to and on the day either in the Pub (bar or dining room) or the General Store (which will be opened a little later tonight!). All profits from the food will be donated to the Thorpdale CFA.
6.00pm: Kids watch out! - there might be a visit from Santa
6.30pm: We have Carollers from the Thorpdale Church led by Dean Spalding, singing three well known carols that you can sing along to - Silent Night, Away in the Manger & O Come All Ye Faithfull; And then a special treat, with the young people from Thorpdale Primary School singing Jingle Bells and the 12 Days of Christmas (ably supported by the band playing tonight’s entertainment).
7.00pm: Kelly Durkin is going to lead the Auction of generous donations from VC Trading, Warrigal Forest And Garden, Able Mechanics, and Monacellars. See Below for Auction Items. These will be displayed on the night. All proceeds from this Auction are going to the Thorpdale CFA so please be generous with your bids.
7.30pm: Modern Edition (Publican Sean’s Band) will then entertain us to the end of the evening.
Other Bits of Information
· During the evening we will be conducting a raffle. The raffle will be drawn on Christmas eve (proceeds will go to the Thorpdale CFA). Thanks to Massaro Motors, Ross Winterlich, CUB, The General, and others for donations.
· Please note that both bars will be open for the evening. Drinking alcoholic beverages is restricted to within our red line which is currently in the beer garden and indoors. We do not have a BYO licence so please don’t bring your own liquor.
· Thanks to Ross Winterlich who once again, allows us to use his beautiful Bedford ‘Travellers Rest’ Truck as our temporary stage
· Spot prizes for the best Christmas outfit during the night.
· Bring blankets and chairs for the lawn which will be available for you to use
· Parents, while we try and provide a safe environment for the young ones by blocking off the driveway – they are your responsibility – please make sure they are safe during the evening.
· And of course, a big shout out to Chrissy W and the staff at the TRH who have contributed so much effort in getting this evening together.
1. VC Trading (http://www.vctraders.com.au) are a third generation family owned business specialising in garden and outdoor power equipment, the hire of plant and machinery, and specialist retailer of premium, hand forged knives and axes, for well over 40 years. VC Trading are an accredited STIHL Elite dealership, carrying Gippsland’s largest range of Stihl products and accessories. With a huge range of John Deere lawn tractors and Z Trak mowers, Victa mowers, Silvan property maintenance products and Wolf – Garten gardening tools, they are a one stop shop for all your property care needs.
VC Trading have donated;
A Stihl Esky
A $200 Warragul Equipment Hire Voucher
A Man of Stihl T Shirt
A Stihl Kiss My Axe hat
Two Stubby Holders, key ring and stickers
2. Warragul Forest and Garden (https://australianforestandgarden.com.au)
Warragul Forest and Garden have donated:
Mini Chain Saw
3. Able Mechanical (https://ablemechanical.com.au)
Geoff (Johnno) Johnson and Ian (Simmo) Simpson are trusted, locals. Through the Able brand, they sponsor and support many local sports teams and charity events. They live the value of giving back to the community.
For more than 25 years, Able has been contracting with the mines to provide essential services to keep them running and have provided employment to more than 150 locals over this time.
They are two ‘Gippslanders’ who see the importance of growing local businesses and providing local employment.
At their workshop in Thorpdale their mechanic David Whitehead, along with his assistants provide professional mechanical repairs and services on vehicles, trailers and machinery.
Able have donated:
a service of labour and parts to the value of $300.
4. Monacellars Liquor Specialist (https://www.monacellars.com.au)
Monacellars is not stranger to Gippsland being a major distributor of liquor for over 35 years with Depots in Morwell and Warragul.
Monacellars have donated
a Keg of Carlton Draught.